We train hard to feel, perform, and look our bests. This takes dedication on our part, in and out of the gym. Because of the effort it takes to train like the best of them, it is important to find ways to make our training as pleasurable as possible. One of my favorite things about the CrossFit culture is the pride we take in our clothing choice. A company I was recently introduced to is called CaveCloth. A husband and wife team started the company after finding themselves again through CrossFit and primal living. Taken directly from their website, Cavecloth is all about “clean living, primal foods and activities, and most importantly, family.” Along with information about healthy living, Cavecloth designs their own clothing. I was lucky enough to be sent one of their T-shirts and one of their Caps!
First impressions: Upon opening the box, I was pleasantly surprised to find a nicely wrapped shirt and cap sitting inside. They chose to wrap the items in neutral, earth-like colors which ties in nicely with their primally-themed company.
Design, construction and fit:
- The cap is all black with the Cavecloth logo emblazoned on the front, and feels quite sturdy. The brim is stiff, and the head covering is flexible to the specific shape of my head. It has an adjustable back, and fits nicely.
- The shirt is a deep purple color (my favorite!) The same logo is printed on the front. Material wise, the shirt is “poly cotton, ultra-fine jersey”, which explains why it is so soft! It has capped, feminine sleeves, and a bit of a scooped neckline. I chose to wear my shirt to a CrossFit workout, and was happy with how comfortable I was. It was designed to wick away moisture, so I stayed cool during my workout. My one criticism (and this may just be because of how I am built) is that the shirt has a bit of an awkward fit- it is long enough, but flares out at the bottom in an unflattering way. It was also too loose around my midsection.
- This cap is fashionable, and can function for both female and male use.
- The shirt is a beautiful color, and is a pleasant material. It is stylish while still being functional.
- Moisture wicking fabric is a huge plus. CrossFit work outs get sweat, afterall!
- None on the cap
- The fit of the shirt is off for my lean, athletic body type.
I love the journey this family has gone through, and the company that their new lifestyle has inspired. Their message is something that definitely resonates with me- it is all too easy to get caught up in the complications of modern life! However, when we stop and take the time to access what really matters in life, most of us will come to similar conclusions- our families, friends, and our health should take top priorities in our lives. Cavecloth also has a blog with tips on how to live a healthful, primal lifestyle.
Overall, their clothing seems well made, durable, fashionable and comfortable- all qualities we look for as a CrossFit community!
Cavecloth is actually running a 25% off sale on all of their gear, right now! So make sure to head on over to check them out by clicking here or on the picture below!
The t-shits come i a wide range of colors, and there are some great new designs coming out as well, as you can see in the picture below.