What Are The Best Exercises For Improving Explosive Power And Speed?
Developing Power and Speed
Developing power and speed is crucial, for athletes participating in sports, such, as sprinters, football players, martial artists and weightlifters. To enhance these attributes effectively incorporating exercises and Olympic lifting movements into training routines is highly recommended. These exercises focus on training the system to generate force in minimal time. Below are some examples of exercises that target these attributes.
You need to generate an amount of force in order to move the weight.
- 5. Power Clean; Perform a motion where you pull a barbell, from the ground and bring it up to your shoulders in one movement.
- 6. Snatch; To lift the barbell from the floor and raise it overhead in one motion you need power and coordination.
- 7. Clean & Jerk; This exercise involves two movements, starting with a clean followed by a 'jerk' to propel the barbell overhead.
Agility Ladders; These footwork drills are great, for improving coordination and speed.
1 Other Answers To: "What Are The Best Exercises For Improving Explosive Power And Speed?"
Improving Power and Speed
Improving your power and speed can have an impact, on your performance, across various sports and physical activities. Here we explore exercises and methodologies that specifically target these goals;
- Adding Resistance to Sprints; To strengthen your drive phase you can incorporate resistance by pulling a sled or using a parachute or resistance bands while running.
- Fartlek Training; Fartlek training involves mixing up your pace over varying distances. It is beneficial, for developing both speed and endurance.
Recovery and conditioning play a role, in enhancing explosive power, speed and overall athletic performance while also reducing the risk of injury.
- Myofascial Release; Incorporating foam rollers or massage balls into your routine to promote blood flow and alleviate muscle knots.
- Active Recovery; Engaging in low intensity activities, on rest days can aid in recovery and help maintain fitness.